Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Staying Organized

One morning a friend arrived early at my house for Bible Study.  As she watched me put the finishing touches on the refreshments, she asked, "Is having us here every week causing you too much work?"  I  knew she had asked this because she has a difficult time keeping her house organized.  

I assured her with a ready answer of, "No, not at all.  In fact it's not a problem.  I rather enjoy having women in my home."  The reason I can say that is because I have learned over the years to live in a relatively organized manner so that I can put something together without much effort.  My number one principle is always to be picking up things as I walk through my house and to do two things at once whenever I can.  Then I do as much as I can as far ahead as possible.  The key to planning is "write it down, write it down, write it down!"  I live by sticky note pads.  I do not know what I would do without them.  I keep them in the kitchen, by the phone, on my desk and beside my bed.  Whenever I think of something that needs to be done, I write it down.
My top two tips to staying organized are:
  1. Do as much as you can as far ahead as you can!
  2. Write everything down.


1 comment:

Leaha Shaikh said...

Thanks for your practical advice! I wrote in my blog about how you helped today! www.leahaspen.blogspot.com