Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March ideas for St. Patrick's Day

I shall never forget a neighbors St. Patrick's Day party. It was simple yet so much fun. Try it; only skip the pagan stuff that's been added to the day.
Share a Patricks faith story with everyone between dinner and dessert. Many versions are on the internet But the main jist of the story tells how at 16 he was forced into slavery. She spent six years herding sheep until he escaped. He eventually returned to Ireland as a missionary and led many to faith Jesus Christ. He used the leaves of the shamrock to explain the meaning of the Trinity (Father, son & Holy Spirit).
Go to my web site www.EntertainingForEternity.com for more ideas of what to serve and how to decorate your table.
Here's a St. Patrick quote to share:
"So whatever befalls me, be it good or bad, I should accept it equally and give thanks always to God, who revealed to me that I might trust in Him, implicitly and forever, and Who will encourage me so that....I may dare to undertake so devout and so wonderful a work....to witness to all people to the ends of the earth."

No comments: